Black Friday and Cyber Monday are fast approaching and as always there will be many technology presents exchanged. Apple products are always a big hit, and a few lucky people will receive the new Mac as a present
Like any new technology product the first step is to update the software to make sure everything runs smoothly. Here are a couple quick tips on installing your HP Printer with the new Mac OS Mountain Lion.
HP and Apple have made this quite painless as they have provided HP printer drivers and software that is pushed through the Apple Software update.
- The first step is to make sure there is an existing print queue for your HP printer. To do this you click on the Apple Menu from the tool bar and then system preferences. Look under the hardware section and you will find a print and scan icon which will take you to the print queue.
- If your printer does not show in the queue the next step is to make sure and power on the HP printer as well as the Mac computer. They should also be connected to the same network.
- After completing the previous steps go back to the print and scan icon and click on the plus button to add other printer or scanner. Look for your printer in the window and you can click on the printer name and select add.
- Now that your printer is installed make sure that the software is update to date by clicking the Apple menu again and selecting software update. Once the window pops up that says new software is available for update click on the details page to make sure the HP Printer Software is included.
- For ease of use and download quickness deselect the other software updates and click on install. A restart might be required, but after that your printer is ready to go.
If you want to really surprise someone you can get all this setup before you give them their new Mac, plus get to play around with it a little. What other tech tips would you like to see from the Bradshaw Group?